Friday, September 9, 2011

Fertility

Has fertility ever been an issue for you?  It appears that in the last 2 years I am becoming more aware of my body in terms of its fertility.  Especially now that I am older and don't have that once upon a time youth on my side.  Also considering the amount of miscarriages that I have suffered in this relationship especially, that I am becoming more aware of me and my well being.  My OH and I have discussed the prospect of more children in the very near future, as in yesterday.  Our last pregnancy was in November 2010, confirmed following routine blood work.  At 10 weeks it was confirmed via ultrasound that we were once again expecting twins, news which I welcomed with apprehension and news he welcomed with joy.  By the time 12 weeks had ticked by, I had started to bleed and made a quick visit to emergency.  Confirming that in fact I was in the process of miscarrying.  It was news all too familiar and unreal, because technically why was I suffering so many miscarriages?  This is when my cycle came to a complete halt.  No period, no nothing and I knew that something was wrong.  After 5 months I decided I would talk to my doctor, blood tests were done and an ultrasound of my ovaries, uterus and fallopian tubes etc was carried out.  All was normal in the left until the right side, which showed enlarged eggs but of a smaller amount to the left.  Really there was no reason physically that could confirm why I wasn't getting pregnant.  Blood work was fine and yet I still wasn't having a cycle and I still wasn't getting pregnant.  
I put it down to my weight.  If I can instill more walking into my life on a daily basis, I am confident that I will be pregnant next year.  All going well with OH of course, this is a two person act after all.  I have done so much research on fertility and treatment and will be making some changes to my diet to the effect.  Changes that I will keep updated for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment